Not Just a Career, A Calling
Job Openings | Benefits | Staff Testimonials | Apply Online
Calo is a nationally recognized residential treatment center focused on treating teens with developmental trauma and attachment disorder. Calo’s reason for existence is to Profoundly Change Lives and Create Joy. At Calo you will find that most things you do on a daily basis will have this
deeper purpose behind it.
We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake of the Ozarks in central Missouri. We have a dynamic, fun, and enthusiastic team, and offer a competitive salary (negotiable) and benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, paid time off, free meals, etc.). Calo believes in providing high quality, innovative treatment within a compassionate environment. Building healthy, reciprocal relationships with our youth is a special focus of Calo employees. Listen to our radio ad
Current Calo Job Openings
Great Health Benefits
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away…” but in case it doesn’t, Calo has you covered! Our competitive health package makes staying healthy affordable.
- Medical – company pays 75% of your premium
- Free Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Dental – company pays 50% of your premium
- Vision – company pays 50% of your premium
- $25,000 Life insurance policy, paid for by Calo
- Voluntary Life Insurance Available
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
Take More Vacation!
Paid Time off Days based on tenure:
- 0-2 years 13 days
- 2-4 years 18 days
- 4-6 years 21 days
- 6-8 years 24 days
- 8-10 years 27 days
- 10-15 years 30 days
Celebrate the Holidays!
Paid holidays off for administrative staff and holiday pay for hourly staff for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- New Year’s Eve – Holiday Pay for directcare staff working evening shift
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Christmas Eve-Holiday pay for directcare staff working evening shift
- Warm, delicious meals are prepared daily by Calo’s executive chef, free of charge!
- Pizza Parties
- Company Wide BBQ Parties
- Dedicated Service Banquet celebrating those that have been with us for over 5 years
Growing and Learning
- Moving around the Company: We encourage movement in new roles to increase job skillls.
- Job Training: Calo ensures that each and every Employee receives thorough training for their position.
Employee Assistance Fund
- Employees have the option of making payroll deducted donations to this fund supporting our own Employees in times of trouble.
- Thousands of dollars are donated every year to Fellow Employees in need…
Have Fun and Play!
- Christmas Party where we celebrate our Core Values and reward stars with Caribbean Vacations
- Campus Beautification Day
- Monthly BBQ Parties
- Free Massages
- Casino Night
- Murder Mystery Dinner
- Community Outreach
- Service Days
We have a great 401k program
Our 401k is with Transamerica with partnership with TAG Resources.
You must have been employed with Calo for 90 days. Our match is 50% of what you put in up to a 4% contribution. If you put in 4% you get half that dollar amount matched.
The plan is setup to potentially offer profit sharing in future years as Calo grows. Funds you put in are 100% yours day 1 any matching amounts or profit sharing amounts are based on 5 year vesting schedule:
- <1 year 0%
- 1 to <2 years 20%
- 2 to <3 years 40%
- 3 to <4 years 60%
- 4 to <5 years 80%
- 5 years and greater 100%
What employees are saying about being part of the Calo Family
“This is a very rewarding job and provides great opportunities that many people enjoy. It allows you to make a difference and that is something I as well as many others enjoy.””I have told every person I know and meet about Calo and how great my job is. I will continue to do this because it amazes me that I work for an employer that cares about me and not just money.”
“I believe it is a great place to experience change in yourself and to help others.”
“I feel like what I do is important and that everyone here treats me with respect and care, like family would.”
“I’m still pretty new to the Calo family but from what I have been around and seen, Calo has a great family atmosphere. I feel everyone has respect towards one another and cares about their wellbeing.”
“Calo is a great place to work because they care about their employees and create a culture of professionalism and compassion. I really love what I do here.”
“Calo is organized in a modern way with shift planning and email etc. on my phone – management goes out of their way to encourage me as an employee – Calo allows me to work with my spouse which makes me way more invested in my job – Calo allows staff the opportunity to buy the extra dogs – the president of Calo goes out of his way to meet new hires and learn what I need as an employee. – Calo invites employee feedback with surveys and other methods – Calo offers tangible training and steps to take to move up in the company – Calo offers great benefits for employees – Calo offers a professional work environment that cares about me as an employee.”
“The structure of management is great. It feels amazing to work with people who are willing to help you grow and improve yourself.”
“The simple fact that you are heard makes it a great employer. This is huge for me. It is amazing to know that you are not just another employee and that you are actually valued as a person.”
“We do a great service to our families and students. Calo is a great employer because there are so many opportunities to grow, to serve and to be served!”
Click Here to Apply Online